Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your room. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to show off your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are a few tips to dress up your windows.
- To establish a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try changing out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having problems finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to traditional window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You can use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you found on vacation.