Vinyl, Fiberglass or Wood? Which Window Material is best for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana home?
Determining the type of material that you should purchase for your new window frame and sash is extremely important when selecting replacement windows. Here are a few points to think regarding the various window materials that you might not have heard of:
- Aluminum Windows — Although you can save money on the purchase price, aluminum windows can eat that savings in terms of energy efficiency versus other window material options. Aluminum windows are known for wetness around the frame and common heat loss, which is noticed by the feeling of more heat or cold when you get close to the windows. The choice of color options is a final reason why aluminum windows may not be the right choice for your Baton Rouge home. Even though you can paint them, it would be extremely hard to attain the natural look that wood or fiberglass can give to your home.
- Fiberglass Windows — Pella is proud to offer fiberglass windows for a number of reasons:
- Fiberglass windows are energy efficient.
- They can stand up to extreme temperatures.
- They are durable for any type of weather or region of the country.
- Vinyl Windows — One of the most popular materials with homeowners in Baton Rouge is vinyl. Vinyl windows are typically lower in cost, are energy efficient and are easy to maintain. Even though vinyl windows are sold in a variety of colors, there are fewer color options available. There are many advantages to vinyl window products and we invite you to discover more by reading our blog post “The Benefits of Vinyl Windows”
- Wood Windows — Wood windows can be an outstanding investment for Baton Rouge homeowners hoping to improve energy efficiency and overall home comfort. Wood windows tend to have higher R-values, weather-resistant, and are less vulnerable to condensation. Most wood windows have aluminum or vinyl cladding on the exterior, which can lessen the need for external maintenance. We invite you to read more about wood windows in our aptly titled blog post “Why Buy Wood Windows?”
Fiberglass windows are usually higher in price than aluminum or vinyl windows.