Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Baton Rouge home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Baton Rouge, give them a call at (877) 680-9334 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.