The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the variety of styles and colors available, you can find a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are a few color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles can block their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are typically more costly than those that don’t have grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles can be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find exactly what you’re searching for. Of course, with the variety of products available, we suggest coming by our Baton Rouge showroom, giving us a call at (877) 680-9334 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.