Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Baton Rouge, Louisiana Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Baton Rouge. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, providing you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun may actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and place it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Baton Rouge today and check out which windows are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.