Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Baton Rouge and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Baton Rouge winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our KC Pella team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Baton Rouge.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Baton Rouge a call at (877) 680-9334 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.