Looking for New Windows in Your Baton Rouge, Louisiana Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When shopping for windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you obviously want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you evaluate your options, consider these facts:
- Windows can dramatically change the interior and exterior appearance of your Baton Rouge area home.
- Your window choice can make a measureable difference in your home’s energy bills.
- The quality of your windows can have a positive cost impact on the resale value of your Baton Rouge area residence if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to explore the style and function options available, you will be pleased with your purchase and love the pleasure of looking through your new windows for decades.
What items should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Baton Rouge home?
- Will my new windows look good on my house? Remember that you are going to view your replacement windows most often from the interior of your house, not standing outside of it. Stand inside and study the view carefully; is the color, style and type of window suitable with your home’s décor? Will you be able to easily open the window for cleaning? How does the sunlight appear during the morning and afternoon? And don’t neglect to stand outside from several different viewing positions to determine if the style of replacement window you are considering fits with the architecture of your Baton Rouge home.
- What is the energy efficiency rating of the windows I am considering? Get the facts relating to your windows that impact their energy efficiency. Among the issues to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values identify the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Compare your estimated energy savings before you purchase a window to help reduce heating and cooling spending and receive the most value for your investment.
- Is it convenient to operate the windows? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to test operating any window before you choose one. Can you open or shut the window easily? How much effort does it take to clean the window? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window treatments undisturbed? If the window will be a means of exit in case of fire, confirm that it opens easily and offers an adequately-sized opening.
- How will you install the windows? Installing your windows is either included with the overall purchase price or involves a third-party contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- Is it easy to clean and maintain your new windows? The weather in the Baton Rouge area changes often. The appearance of your windows can be impacted negatively by wind, sun, rain and snow. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles in order for you to easily clean your windows and allow them to look great for many years to come.
- What color and hardware options are available? The color you select can reflect your style and increases the overall appeal of your Baton Rouge home. Some manufacturers offer limited exterior color options. Determine what limitations are in place for the windows you want. Also, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinets, faucets and even appliances.
- How much does a quality window cost? Quality windows come at a price. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. Shop around and compare. Price should be a factor, but not the only factor.
We encourage you to visit Pella at the Baton Rouge area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at (877) 680-9334.