How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Baton Rouge
Fall is upon us in Baton Rouge, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Baton Rouge a call at (877) 680-9334 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!