We have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Baton Rouge. Whether it’s done through our internal business practices or creating energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on each climate. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Baton Rouge Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Baton Rouge region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between our glass panes to provide additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Baton Rouge Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.